If you are considering adding a Rajapalayam dog to your family, then you have come to the right place! Rajapalayam dogs, also known as the Indian Ghost Hound, are a loyal and hardworking breed that has been around for centuries.
This unique breed has a long and storied history and comes with many unique characteristics. In this blog post, we will discuss everything you need to know about the Rajapalayam dog, from its origins to its temperament and also the Rajapalayam dog price in India.
Rajapalayam dog price in India
The Rajapalayam Dog price in India can ranges between Rs 9,000 to Rs 18,000. Rajapalayam Dog price in India depends on many things. It is not that the Rajapalayam Dog price will same across India. It depends on several factors that are mentioned below.
Rajapalayam dog puppy price in India can range between Rs 9,000 to Rs 20,000.
Rajapalayam dog Prices in Different Locations
|Rajapalayam dog price Kerala||Rs 9,000 to Rs 17,000|
|Rajapalayam dog price in tamilnadu||Rs 8,000 to Rs 17,000|
|Rajapalayam dog price Chennai||Rs 9,000 to Rs 18,000|
|Rajapalayam dog price in madurai||Rs 8,000 to Rs 18,000|
|Rajapalayam dog price in Chennai||Rs 9,000 to Rs 18,000|
|Rajapalayam dog price in Bangalore||Rs 9,000 to Rs 19,000|
|Rajapalayam dog price in Coimbatore||Rs 8,000 to Rs 18,000|
|Rajapalayam dog price in Salem||Rs 8,000 to Rs 18,000|
|Rajapalayam dog price in Hyderabad||Rs 8,000 to Rs 18,000|
|Rajapalayam dog price in Delhi||Rs 9,000 to Rs 18,000|
Various Factors that affect The Price of Rajapalayam dog
When considering adding a Rajapalayam dog to your family, the cost of acquiring one is likely an important factor. But what exactly goes into determining the price of these majestic pups? In this section, we’ll discuss the various factors that can influence the price of Rajapalayam dogs.
1. Bloodline – Rajapalayam dogs typically originate from one of two bloodlines, the War Bloodline and the Royal Bloodline. Generally, dogs from the War Bloodline are more affordable, while those from the Royal Bloodline are more expensive. This is due to the unique traits associated with each bloodline and the rarity of Royal Bloodline puppies.
2. Location – Another factor in Rajapalayam dog pricing is location. Prices can vary significantly depending on the area in which you’re buying. For example, prices for puppies in India may be higher than prices for puppies in other parts of the world.
3. Breeder – The breeder from whom you purchase your puppy can also influence the price. Reputable breeders will typically charge more for their puppies, as they have taken care to ensure that they are healthy and have good temperaments.
4. Age – The age of a Rajapalayam dog can also affect the cost. Puppies will typically be more expensive than adult dogs, as they require additional socialization and training to become properly adjusted to a home environment.
5. Gender – Additionally, the gender of a Rajapalayam can impact the price tag. Female puppies are often more expensive than male puppies, as they are considered to be more desirable and can often fetch higher prices at auctions or shows.
6. Availability – Finally, availability is another factor that plays into Rajapalayam dog pricing. If there are limited numbers of a particular breed available in an area, prices may be driven up due to increased demand.
No matter what your budget may be, it is important to ensure that you acquire a healthy, well-tempered Rajapalayam dog from a reputable breeder.
About Rajapalayam dog
Rajapalayam dog History
The Rajapalayam Dog is an Indian Sighthound that originated in the town of Rajapalayam in Tamil Nadu. They are also known as Poligar Hounds due to their popularity with the Poligar rulers of Southern India during the 19th century. It is a dog with a history steeped in tradition and pride, as they were historically bred by royalty to protect their lands and homes.
The Rajapalayam is a rare and ancient breed of hound that has been around for hundreds of years. They were originally bred for hunting wild boar, but later became popular among royals for protecting their estates.
In more recent times, they became popular with the maharajas of Southern India and were used by royalty as guard dogs. Today, they are still highly valued as loyal companions and guard dogs.
Though not recognized by the major kennel clubs, the breed is gaining popularity in India and abroad. The Rajapalayam Dog Club was founded in 2015 to promote the breed and ensure its preservation.
Rajapalayam dog Characteristics
They are known for their loyalty and protective nature and are popularly used for hunting, guard duties, and companionship. These dogs have a muscular build, with short white fur, black pigmentation around the eyes, and a distinctive pinkish nose.
The head is strong, with a square-shaped muzzle and long, pendulous ears. The eyes are dark and expressive, while the tail is long and curled. These dogs are very agile and can reach speeds of up to 35 mph! They are known to be loyal, devoted, and courageous and will protect their family fiercely if provoked.
Rajapalayam dog Temperament
The Rajapalayam dog is an active and alert breed that is typically good-natured, courageous, and loyal to its owner. They are not overly friendly with strangers, however, and can be quite protective of their family and home. This makes them ideal guard dogs.
Rajapalayams dog is generally good with children but should be supervised when interacting with them, as these dogs can become too rough in play. This is an active breed that needs plenty of exercises and a job to do. Without it, they can become bored, destructive, and even aggressive.
Rajapalayam dog Health Issues
Like all breeds of dogs, Rajapalayam dogs can be prone to certain health issues. One common problem seen in the Rajapalayam dog is hip dysplasia. This condition results from a malformation of the hip joint which can cause pain, lameness, and arthritis. Dogs with hip dysplasia should be monitored closely and given appropriate treatments such as exercise and medication.
Eye problems are another concern for this breed. This includes cataracts, progressive retinal atrophy, glaucoma, and cherry eye. Any changes to your dog’s eyes should be investigated by a veterinarian as soon as possible.
The Rajapalayam can also suffer from certain skin problems, such as allergies and mange. These can be treated with antihistamines and other medications. Additionally, the breed can be prone to bloat and cardiac issues.
The best way to help prevent health issues in the Rajapalayam is to feed them high-quality food, provide plenty of exercises, practice good hygiene, and get regular veterinary check-ups.
Rajapalayam dog Care Tips
If you’re considering adopting a Rajapalayam dog, there are a few things you should know about their care requirements. While these dogs are generally low-maintenance and highly adaptable, they still require love and attention in order to thrive. Here are a few essential tips for taking care of your Rajapalayam dog.
1. Provide Regular Exercise: Rajapalayam dogs were bred to be hunting dogs and need plenty of exercises to stay healthy and happy. Make sure to provide them with daily walks, games of fetch, or visits to the park for plenty of physical activity.
2. Keep Up With Grooming: Rajapalayam dogs have long, luxurious coats that need regular grooming. Brush your pet’s coat at least once a week to keep it looking its best and to prevent mats and tangles from forming. You may also want to bathe your pet as needed with a quality shampoo specifically formulated for dogs.
3. Offer Mental Stimulation: Rajapalayam dogs are very intelligent, so they require mental stimulation to stay happy and fulfilled. Introduce new toys and puzzles into your pet’s routine to keep them entertained and engaged. You can also teach them new commands or take them to agility classes to help keep their minds active.
4. Provide Plenty of Love and Attention: Rajapalayam dogs are incredibly loyal and loving pets that thrive when they receive plenty of attention from their owners. Make sure to give your pet plenty of cuddles, belly rubs, and verbal praise each day to ensure they’re feeling loved and appreciated.
By following these tips, you can ensure that your Rajapalayam dog will live a long and happy life by your side. If you would like more information on caring for Rajapalayam dogs, please call us today!
Rajapalayam dog Lifespan
These loyal dogs are known for their sharp and alert eyes and protective nature. But how long do they typically live?
Rajapalayam dogs have an average lifespan of 10 to 12 years, with some living longer.
When it comes to life expectancy, Rajapalayam dogs generally have a long life for a large breed. With proper care and attention, these loyal companions can live to a ripe old age.
Rajapalayam dog Maintenance Cost
Here are some aspects to consider when estimating the maintenance cost of a Rajapalayam dog:
Food: High-quality dog food is essential for the health of your Rajapalayam. The cost of food will depend on the brand, type (dry, wet), and portion size. Rajapalayam dogs are medium to large-sized dogs, so they may have higher food requirements compared to smaller breeds.
Healthcare: Regular veterinary check-ups, vaccinations, preventive medications (for fleas, ticks, and heartworm), and potential medical expenses should be factored into your budget. Larger dogs tend to have higher veterinary costs.
Grooming: Rajapalayam dogs have a short coat that doesn’t require extensive grooming. Regular brushing to control shedding, nail trimming, ear cleaning, and dental care are still important. Grooming costs can vary depending on whether you do it yourself or take your dog to a professional groomer.
Training: Proper training and socialization are crucial for any dog, including Rajapalayams. Consider enrolling your dog in obedience classes or working with a professional dog trainer, which can incur additional costs.
Exercise and Enrichment: Rajapalayams are active dogs that require regular exercise and mental stimulation. This can include daily walks, playtime, and interaction. Ensuring your dog’s physical and mental needs are met can contribute to their overall well-being.
Insurance: Some pet owners opt for pet insurance to help cover unexpected medical expenses. The cost of insurance varies based on factors such as the dog’s age, breed, and the coverage you choose.
Miscellaneous Costs: This includes things like toys, bedding, collars, leashes, and other basic supplies your dog will need.
7 Facts about Rajapalayam dog
2. These dogs were historically used to hunt wild boar and even protect their owners’ properties.
3. Rajapalayam dogs are known for their loyalty and devotion to their owners.
4. They are quite intelligent and learn quickly.
5. These dogs have short and shiny coats that can be either white, cream, or brown in color.
6. Rajapalayam dogs are relatively healthy but may suffer from hip dysplasia, entropion, or other eye problems.
7. These dogs make wonderful companions and are great for experienced owners who can handle their strong prey drive.
how to train Rajapalayam dog?
Training your Rajapalayam dog is essential to ensure it develops into a happy and well-behaved companion. As with any breed, positive reinforcement is key.
Start by establishing the basic commands of sit, stay, come and leave it early on. Be consistent and reward good behavior with praise or treats. It’s also important to socialize your Rajapalayam dog from an early age.
Make sure it gets plenty of exposure to different people, places, animals, and situations in a controlled environment. If your Rajapalayam dog shows signs of aggression, it’s best to seek the help of a professional trainer. With proper training and a little patience, your Rajapalayam dog can be a loyal and well-behaved companion for years to come.
Is the Rajapalayam dog good for the family?
In short, the answer is yes! Rajapalayam dogs are loyal, loving, and protective of their families, making them ideal companions for any family.
They are intelligent, gentle, and affectionate, making them a great fit for homes with children. They do need a lot of exercise and mental stimulation, but with proper training and socialization, they can fit right into any family dynamic.
What is special about Rajapalayam dog?
Rajapalayam dogs are characterized by a pink nose, button ears with a whiptail, golden eyes, and button ears. They walk like horses and were used in the Carnatic Wars and Polygar Wars against the British cavalry. They’re not speedy runners however, they’re incredibly stable for long distances.
Are Rajapalayam dogs good as family pets?
Rajapalayam dogs can make good family pets if they are properly trained, socialized, and given appropriate exercise. However, due to their protective and dominant nature, they might not be suitable for households with very young children or other pets. It’s important to provide consistent leadership and establish yourself as the pack leader.
How do I care for a Rajapalayam dog’s grooming needs?
The short white coat of a Rajapalayam dog is relatively low-maintenance. Regular brushing to remove loose hair and occasional baths are usually sufficient. You should also clean their ears, trim their nails, and maintain dental hygiene to ensure overall health.