Wild animals are a diverse group, with some found in virtually every corner of the planet and others only existing in the most remote areas.
Each animal is unique and has traits that make it stand out from the rest of its peers, whether it’s its size or color or general appearance. To help you get to know these animals better, we’ve gathered together this list of wild animals names, from A to Z.
What are Wild Animals?
Wild animals refer to animals that live in their natural habitats, as opposed to domesticated animals that live in human-controlled environments. These animals are not typically kept as pets or raised for food or other purposes, and they are able to survive and reproduce without human intervention.
There are many different types of wild animals, including mammals, birds, fish, reptiles, and insects. Some examples of wild mammals include lions, bears, wolves, deer, and elephants. Birds such as eagles, hawks, and owls are also considered wild animals, as are fish like salmon and trout. Reptiles such as snakes and turtles and insects like bees and butterflies are also considered wild animals.
Wild animals play an important role in their ecosystems, serving as both predators and prey. They help to control populations of other animals and plants, and their waste and remains provide food for other organisms. In addition, many wild animals are important for seed dispersal and pollination, which helps to maintain biodiversity in natural habitats.
However, human activities such as hunting, poaching, and habitat destruction have led to declines in wild animal populations worldwide. Many species are now considered endangered or threatened, and conservation efforts are needed to protect them and their habitats.
wild animals name in hindi english
|Animals Image||Animals Name in English||Animals Name in Hindi|
|Lion (लायन)||शेर (Sher)|
|Tiger (टाइगर)||बाघ (Bagh)|
|Rhinoceros (राइनोसेरॉस)||गेंडा (Genda)|
|Cheetah (चीताह)||चीता (Cheetah)|
|Giraffe (जिराफ)||जिराफ़ (Jiraph)|
|Panther (पैंथर)||तेंदुआ (Tendua)|
|Bear (बीअर)||भालू (Bhalu)|
|Fox (फॉक्स)||लोमड़ी (Lomdi)|
|Deer (डियर)||हिरन (Hiran)|
|Wolf (वोल्फ)||भेड़िया (Bhediya)|
|Jaguar (जगुआर)||जगुआर ( Jaguar )|
|Reindeer (रेनडियर), Stag (स्टैग)||बारहसिंगा (Barahsinga)|
|Panda (पांडा)||पांडा (Panda)|
|Hippopotamus (हिप्पोपटेमस)||दरियाई घोडा (Dariyai ghoda)|
|Zebra (जेब्रा)||जेब्रा ( Zebra )|
|Kangaroo (कंगारू)||कंगारू (Kangaroo)|
|Chimpanzee (चिंपैंजी)||चिंपांजी ( Chimpanzee)|
|Hyena (हीना)||लकड़बग्धा (LakarBaggha)|
|Jackal (जैकल)||सियार (Siyar)|
|Elephant (एलीफेंट)||हाथी (Hathi)|
|Otter (ओटर)||ऊदबिलाव (Udbilao)|
|Yak (याक)||पहाड़ी भैंसा (Pahadi Bhaisa)|
|Wild Boar (वाइल्ड बोर)||जंगली सुवर (Jangli Suwar)|
|Spotted Horse (स्पॉटेड हॉर्स)||चित्तीदार घोड़ा (Chittidar ghoda)|
|Wild dogs (वाइल्ड डॉग्स)||जंगली कुत्ता (Jangli Kutta)|
|Nilgai (नीलगाय)||नीलगाय (Nilgai)|
|Leopard (लेपर्ड)||तेंदुवा (Tenduwa)|
|Porcupine (पार्क्यूपाइन)||साही (Sahi)|
|Monkey (मंकी)||बन्दर (Bandar)|
|Mongoose (मोंगूस)||नेवला (Newla)|
|Black buck (ब्लैक बुक्क)||कला हिरन (Kala hiran)|
|Mole (मोल)||छछूंदर (Chhachhundar)|
|Antelope (एंटलोप)||मृग (Mrig)|
|Squirrel (स्क्वरल)||गिलहरि (Gilhari)|
|Arctic wolf (आर्कटिक वुल्फ)||आर्कटिक भेड़िया (Arctic bhediya)|
|Wild Ass (वाइल्ड एस)||जंगली गधा (Jangli Gadha)|
|Elk (एल्क)||गोज़न (Gojan)|
|Red Panda (रेड पांडा)||लाल पांडा (Lal Panda)|
|Badger (बेजर)||बिज्जू (Bijju)|
|Sloth Bear (स्लोथ बीयर)||भालू (bhalu)|
|Feral Horse (फेरल हॉर्स )||जंगली घोडा (Jangli Ghoda)|
|Hedgehog (हेजहोग)||कांटेदार जंगली चूहा (Kantedar jangli chuha)|
|Dhole (ढोल)||जंगली कुत्ता (Jangli Kutta)|
|Bison (बिसन)||गौर (gaur)|
|Snow Leopard (स्नो लेपर्ड)||ध्रुवीय तेंदुवा (Dhruwiy tenduwa)|
|Clouded Leopard (क्लोऊडेड लेपर्ड)||धूमिल तेंदुवा (Dhumil tenduwa)|
|Wild cat (वाइल्ड कैट)||जंगली बिल्ली (Jangli billi)|
|Hare (हर)||खरगोश (Kharghosh)|
|Camel (कैमल)||ऊंट (Unt)|
|Gray Langur (ग्रे लंगूर)||हनुमान लंगूर (Hanuman Langur)|
|Gorilla (गोरिल्ला)||गोरिल्ला (Gorilla)|
Video credit – Easy english learning process
Frequently Asked Questions –
What are the most common types of wild animals?
The most common types of wild animals vary depending on the region and habitat. However, some of the most commonly found wild animals include:
1. Mammals: Deer, foxes, raccoons, skunks, squirrels, and coyotes are some of the most common wild mammals found in North America.
2. Birds: Pigeons, crows, sparrows, and seagulls are some of the most common wild birds found in urban and coastal areas.
3. Fish: Carp, catfish, bass, and trout are some of the most common wild fish found in freshwater habitats.
4. Reptiles: Snakes, lizards, and turtles are some of the most common wild reptiles found in many regions.
5. Insects: Butterflies, bees, ants, and beetles are some of the most common wild insects found in many regions.
6. Amphibians: Frogs, toads, and salamanders are some of the most common wild amphibians found in many regions.
How do wild animals survive in their natural habitats?
Wild animals have developed various survival strategies to live in their natural habitats. Some of the ways wild animals survive in the wild include:
1. Finding food: Wild animals have evolved to find and obtain food in their natural habitats. Some animals are herbivores and eat plants, while others are carnivores and eat other animals. Some animals, such as bears and raccoons, are omnivores and eat both plants and animals.
2. Avoiding predators: Many wild animals have developed ways to avoid being hunted by other animals. Some animals, such as deer and antelopes, are fast runners and can outrun predators. Others, such as skunks and porcupines, have developed defensive mechanisms such as spikes or noxious odors.
3. Adapting to the environment: Many wild animals have adapted to the specific conditions of their habitats. For example, polar bears have thick fur to keep them warm in cold climates, while desert animals have developed ways to conserve water and survive in hot temperatures.
4. Reproduction: Wild animals reproduce in order to ensure the survival of their species. They have evolved various mating rituals and reproductive strategies to increase the chances of successful breeding.
5. Social behavior: Some wild animals live in groups or herds, which can provide safety in numbers and help with hunting, mating, and raising young.
6. Migration: Some wild animals migrate to different regions at different times of the year to find food, breeding grounds, or suitable climate.
These are some of the ways that wild animals survive in their natural habitats, but each species has its own unique set of adaptations and survival strategies. The ability of wild animals to survive and reproduce in the wild is essential for the continuation of their species and the balance of the ecosystem.
How do wild animals contribute to the ecosystem?
Wild animals play an important role in their ecosystems by:
• Controlling populations: Wild animals help to control the populations of other animals and plants, through predation and competition for resources. This helps to maintain a balance in the ecosystem.
• Pollination and seed dispersal: Many wild animals, such as bees, butterflies, and birds, play a key role in pollination and seed dispersal. This helps to ensure the continuation of plant species and maintain biodiversity.
• Decomposition: Wild animals, such as insects and scavengers, play an important role in decomposing organic matter and recycling nutrients back into the ecosystem.
• Climate regulation: Wild animals also have an impact on the climate, for example by regulating the carbon and water cycles through their activities such as pollination, seed dispersal, and decomposition.
• Ecotourism: Wild animals also contribute to the economy by attracting tourists to the regions where they are found. Ecotourism can provide a source of income for local communities and help to fund conservation efforts.
• Food chain: Wild animals are an important link in the food chain, providing food for other animals and shaping the population dynamics of the ecosystem.
• Genetic diversity: Wild animals also help to maintain genetic diversity within their species by interbreeding and adapting to changing environments.
In summary, wild animals play a vital role in maintaining the balance of the ecosystem by controlling populations, pollinating, decomposing, regulating the climate, providing food, and maintaining genetic diversity.
They are also key to ecotourism and the local economy. The loss of wild animal populations can have a ripple effect on the entire ecosystem, disrupting the balance and reducing biodiversity.
What is the difference between wild animals and domesticated animals?
The main difference between wild animals and domesticated animals is the level of human involvement in their lives.
Wild animals are animals that live in their natural habitats, without human intervention. They are able to survive and reproduce without human assistance, and are not typically kept as pets or raised for food or other purposes.
Domesticated animals, on the other hand, are animals that have been brought under human control and are kept for various purposes such as food production, transportation, companionship, and many other uses. They are dependent on human care and are not able to survive on their own in the wild.
Another difference is the ability of wild animals to adapt to changing environments. Wild animals are adapted to survive in the wild, and have developed unique characteristics and behaviors that allow them to find food, avoid predators, and reproduce in their natural habitats. Domesticated animals, however, are not as well adapted to survive in the wild and would have a hard time if released into the wild.
Additionally, wild animals have developed survival strategies and behaviors specific to their species and habitats, while domesticated animals have been bred for specific human-desired traits, such as size, color, and temperament.
In summary, wild animals are animals that live in their natural habitats, without human intervention, while domesticated animals are animals that have been brought under human control and are kept for various purposes.
Wild animals are adapted to survive in the wild and have developed unique characteristics, while domesticated animals are dependent on human care and not as well adapted to survive in the wild.
Video credit – 8K VIDEOS ULTRA HD
Recommended post –
Top 9 Birds Name in English and Hindi
Golden Retriever Price in India (Octomber 2022)